Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Quick Note on Landscape

Just a quick thought – so far we’ve driven 1/3 of the way across the country and we’ve already seen a vast range of landscape…I can’t imagine it changing anymore, but I know it will! So far Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri were total landscape surprises for me – I don’t know what I was expecting but the lush, verdant greenery we’ve found wasn’t it! Virginia was full of winding mountains (the Blue Ridge Parkway). Tennessee, rolling hills. Arkansas, flat fields punctuated by trees. And the Mississippi River was breathtaking. Talk about awesome in the true sense of the word.

Here's the flatness of Arkansas:



And the lazy charm of the Missouri River (Big Muddy):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AADA Advisory: Arkansas does not take kindly to strangers who do not possess all accoutraments expected of a registered, insured, motor vehicle traveler. Be warned.